Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Monday, July 27, 2009

Everyday Evangelism - July 26, 2009- Church Parking Lot

Today we went to the church meeting, as usual on a Sunday morning. We were learning from the book of Hebrews again, seeing Christ in the Old Testament. He is revealed in the New Testament as our Great High Priest. A piece of furniture that was missing from the place where the priests used to carry out their sacrifices, was the chair. When Jesus was finished with offering the sacrifice of Himself, the Bible says that He sat down. In the Old Testament the priests were not able to sit, because they were always offering sacrifices. They were a picture of what Jesus was going to do for us. He only had to die one time. No more need for sacrifices. The final one had been offered, and the curtain was torn. The way to the holy of holies was now open. We can come boldly to the throne.
Now after the meeting was over, I left and was heading toward the car. There was a guy on a bike and I offered him a tract. He stopped and we talked for a couple of minutes. I shared the Gospel with him. He didn't speak English well, and I tried to communicate with him as best as I could. I would explain a Bible truth to him, and his usual response was "I know" or " I know that". He did admit to not being a good person, but I didn't sense a deep conviction of sin. I gave him 4 tracts to go home with. Please be praying for him. His name is Lisandro. He was very kind to talk to.

2 comments:

  1. Susan, you can order free Spanish (as well as English and Chinese) language Gospels of John for free from the Pocket Testament League at www.pocketpower.org.

    The specific link for the Spanish ones is http://www.pocketpower.org/code/products.php?view=PJSPN-PALM0708

    They have a bunch of different cover styles and versions for the English ones. I try to keep a few in my purse -- including a Spanish one -- all the time to give away along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Spanish Bibles will be great to have, along with Spanish tracts, especially around here. Lots of Spanish speaking people out there! Love them too!

    ReplyDelete