Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Everyday Evangelism - "Isn't This the God House?"

Monday night we had our usual annual trick-or-treaters coming around. I had my graveyard aquarium set up (but the black light didn't work right. You couldn't see the details on the grave stones). I also had the 'Are you a genius?' poster set out. That was great. Older children and parents were looking at the questions. One child wanted his dad to take the Good Person test, but the dad refused. The mom was asking about it, so I asked her if she had ever told a lie. She said that she had. She was already disqualified from the $20 promised to anyone who could pass it.
   I had beach balls with one side imprinted "God is uncreated. He never had a beginning and has always been in existence" and on the other side it said "www.thegospelconversation.blogspot.com". Many children were grateful that they got to pick a toy out. They verbally thanked me for it and seemed to have an appreciation for the toys that they didn't have for the candy. I also had the flying discs out. They had imprinted on them John 14:6 "Jesus said to them, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me". Then there were the maracas which had imprinted on them 1 Timothy 2:5 "There is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Most of the people who choose a toy, usually pick a beach ball.
   There were a couple of girls who may have been around ten or eleven. As they were looking through the toys to pick one, one of the girls was sure that this was the house that gave out Million dollar bills with Justin Bieber's picture on it. At first,  wasn't sure of giving out anything with Justin Bieber, at least not intentionally. It wasn't until a couple of days later, I put two and two together and realized that I had celebrity Million Dollar bills last year and probably gave them out. Perhaps she got a Justin Bieber one and remember that it was here where she got it. The two girls were having a discussion about this, or maybe it was more like a debate. The other girl was convinced that this wasn't the house where the Justin Bieber million dollar bills were given out. Finally, the one girl asked out loud, "Isn't this the God house?". I thought that was interesting. For the past several years, I have been giving out pencils, coins, imprinted toys, etc with the Gospel or 10 Commandments out. I wonder if people ever remember where the 10 Commandment pencil came from, or the beach ball or flying disc. Now I am beginning to see that people are starting to remember.
   Most of the time, toys are very easy to give out, even if they have a sharp message pointing to the Gospel. I had a basket of toys at a college a couple of years ago. A Muslim lady who was a teacher came up to my table. She was very sad because she was a science teacher and this was the time when it became mandatory for teachers to teach evolution in the schools. That was going to be a hardship for anyone who knows that the world didn't just come into existence just by itself. This teacher was very distressed and talked to me about it. She explained that she wasn't interested in becoming a Christian because she had already studied it in a religion class in England. She took some of the material from 'Answers in Genesis' www.answersingenesis.org . She was also going to go to the web site later on to look for more help. The last thing she did was to take one of the beach balls for her little girl. The words were obvious to see "What can wash away my sins?" on one side. The other side reads "Nothing but the blood of Jesus. www.thegoodtest.net". She took the ball home to her little girl. I pray that the words will open up her heart to the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment