Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Run-On Sentence In Boston and Flying Tracts

   We had a nice vacation time this year in the city of Boston. Every day seemed to be filled with activities though. There were lots of parks and streets with sidewalks and shops all along the roads. People were everywhere. Lots of homeless people around hoping for some money.   I brought a lot of tracts with me just in case I had time to go for a walk. The last day of the vacation, I was able to get out and sit on a park bench. My first adventure was to pull out a stack of tracts and lodge them into an opening on the park bench. But lo and behold, a gust of wind came by and blew the tracts away, much to my surprise. It happened so fast, so I decided not to go chasing after them. Let them fall where they may. In a few moments, a boy found one and picked it up. I caught a few seconds of it on video.
  Sitting outside of the library was a guy who didn't want a tract, and continued to talk and talk and talk. It was like one long sentence that didn't end. I didn't understand what he was saying and tried to pick up some key words he was saying. At one point he give me a medical diagnoses of being slightly overweight and my shoes weren't the best kind to have (sandals). I managed to ask him where he thought people go after they die. Once again, a bunch of rambling with another non-ending sentence. I told him I would pray for him, but he told me not to, because he was done with praying. I had to just leave because I had to get back to the hotel room for dinner. He was still rambling as I was walking away. Why do I get people who just keep on talking and never let me get a word in edgewise? What would you do in that situation?
There are a lot of people walking the
sidewalks of Boston. A great place to
go 'fishing for men and women'.

No comments:

Post a Comment