Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Friday, June 15, 2012

Everyday Evangelism - Evangelism at the Tire Place

Today I had to get dressed and ready to go earlier than usual, because my son needed to put new tires on his car, which would mean that he would drop the car off, and I would pick him up (unless he wanted to stay there all day!) and bring him home. We will pick the car up later when it is finished. I am the type of person who doesn't like to waste any time. I will not sit and wait anywhere unless I have something constructive to do.
   When I got to the tire place, my son was taking care of business. Now I thought all this would have already been done by the time I got there. Since it meant that I would have to wait, I decided to take some tracts and walk around. This seems like a good area to reach people with the Gospel, even though there are not a whole lot of people there, there are enough that there might be one good bite.
  Right across from where I parked the car, was a fast food place. There was a group of three guys parked on the other side of the bushes, so I went over there and gave them tracts. I really like giving tracts to young men (college age, young adult) because they seem to be the most receptive. They gladly took the tracts and I was able to explain the Gospel to them. I started with the 10 Commandments, then went to Adam and Eve, then throughout the OT sacrifices that were needed because of sin. I explained that the lamb was usually used for the sacrifice, and that when we get to the NT, John the Baptist pointed Jesus out as the 'Lamb of God'. Then I explained that Jesus lived a perfect life and never sinned but took our place. God the Father put all our sins on Him, while He was dying. Then He rose again on the third day. Their response needs to be one of repentance from sin, and trusting in what Jesus did on the Cross to pay for our sin. It seemed to make sense to them. I also gave them each a 'How Good Are You?' tract. Please pray for them. Their names were Travis, Caleb, and Tony.
  What was really neat was how God helped me to speak clearly, and to know exactly what to say. I didn't jumble up my words or get tongue tied! I felt confident in what I was saying because God was giving me the ability to talk to them and to ask the right questions.
   This week started out on a wrong foot, so to speak. I was asked to not give out tracts in the store parking lot that I go to all the time. I believe an irate lady reported me for giving out tracts. I've been giving them out for at least 7 years now and no one has ever said anything until now. I still have people there I want to reach with the Gospel, but I have to be very careful how I do the tracts there. Maybe I will go to another store just like this one down the road, or I will use smaller tracts and only give them out as I leave. Here is a picture of the tracts that people either really love, or, these tracts have gotten me into trouble   (See  Ticket From Waterford Lakes ) Living Waters Giant Money Tract

No comments:

Post a Comment