Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Friday, May 25, 2012

Everyday Evangelism - My Ticket From Waterford Lakes 3 Years ago

   I was looking through some old attachments on another computer a couple of days ago, and found a copy of the ticket I got for disobeying the security guard at a shopping center called "Waterford Lakes". The story goes like this; I was out with my son at this shopping center one Friday night three years ago. The rest of the group was at the church building praying. They would come later. My son wanted to go by the movie theater, which I didn't think was a great idea. I noticed the security guards car there and wanted to be careful. Nevertheless, I found myself slowly giving out tracts and when I was talking to a group of boys, my conversation with them was interrupted by a security guard. The security guard explained that I would not be allowed to pass out the flyers unless I got permission from the people that owned the shopping complex. He also asked me if the conversation I was having with the boys had anything to do with the literature I was passing out. Then he went back to his car. Probably less than five minutes later, he came back to us and shooed the boys away with anger. My son and I headed toward another section of the shopping complex. The rest of the group still had not shown up.
   We were in a different section now, but still in view of the security guard if he were watching. As we were walking, a woman noticed the tracts and indicated she wanted one, so I gave one to her. I started talking with her and there were two other people who were with her. I started talking to all of them and gave tracts to the other two as well. While I was talking to them, my son informed me that the security guard was looking at me. I continued to talk, and my son noticed that the security guard was coming over toward me. We left quickly and started walking fast. I called back at the group on the phone and asked them to pray. The security guard reached us and began hollering at me. He accused me of disobeying him three times. He said he was going to call the cops.
   The cop came a few minutes later, and those from the group also showed up at this time. The cop asked a bunch of questions and after a little while, he wrote out the ticket and said that I wasn't allowed on this store's property for a year, and if I did go on the property and were seen, I would be arrested. One of the men in the evangelism group asked the cop a lot of questions. It seemed like the cop was subject to whatever the security guard wanted.
  Some time before this happened, I was at this particular shopping complex and was carrying my Giant Money tracts. I noticed some cops and they noticed me. They wanted to know what the tracts were, so I gave them one (which they seemed to enjoy). There were about four of them and one said that it was fine for me to give them out. He said that it would be different if I were trying to advertise an event, but since I wasn't trying to do that, it was o.k. So, that is one reason why I felt it shouldn't be a problem passing out tracts there, but I guess I was wrong. From now on, I use the smaller tracts that aren't so noticeable. That way, I shouldn't stand out like a sore thumb if security guards are watching.

Waterford Lakes shopping center now has a security 'tower' where they can see
from all angles. Is the Gospel that much of a threat to them? I think so. Satan isn't happy when the Gospel gets into the hands of people. It shows that there is power in the Gospel. Satan doesn't want people to be saved either. He doesn't want them to hear the Gospel. This is all the more reason why we should be preaching it. "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace;  who brings good tidings of good, who publishes salvation; who says to Zion, Your God reigns!" Isaiah 52:7
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment