Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Everyday Evangelism - Dealing With The Occult

Today I am pondering the thought of what happens when we give ground to Satan. First of all, I had never heard of that term before and was unfamiliar with the concept. But it is an important one to be aware of, for, Satan has no hold on us unless we allow him to.
  The Bible is clear that Christians cannot be demon possessed. But there are many other schemes of Satan that he would like to trap us in, if we are not careful. One of the temptations people have is to dabble in the occult. The word 'occult' means 'hidden'. If the works of darkness have light shine on them, then they will be exposed and no longer hidden.
   I can give a clear example of how I gave ground to Satan. When I was about 11, I got a Ouija Board. To most people, a Ouija Board sounds innocent. Not many are aware of the powers of darkness that really do lurk in Ouija boards, especially when they are in use.
   I got my Ouija board and a friend and I were experimenting with it. I actually became afraid of it and didn't like this thing we were doing with it. Well, it wasn't long after that, when I would hear a man's voice at night. I would hear it occasionally but it sounded like mumbling. It sounded like the same voice and I would hear it more often. It continued.
   We moved to a new house. The Ouija board came with us. Interestingly, I heard voices again in this house. They continued. I could tell that it was the same voices as before too, but now there were more voices. Sometimes, I could hear them conversing with each other. Sometimes, they would be laughing. It really was terrifying. Then the final episode came. Early one morning, while it was still dark out, I heard a voice very smoothly and clearly call out my name. I screamed. I heard it again and I was terrified.
   Somehow, I knew enough to get rid of the Ouija board. I never heard the voices again, thank God. I was not a Christian when this was all happening, and I did wonder why God was allowing this to happen. I couldn't put two and two together though at this point. But now I look back and know that I gave ground to Satan by using the Ouija board, and I definitely know that there is a living supernatural world out there.
   So my warning to you is this; please don't dabble into the occult! Don't give Satan any ground in your life! Trust in God. Repent of sin! Ask Jesus to cleanse you and give you a heart to love God with.
  If you are involved in the occult and can't break free, please get help. God will set you free. People can be praying for you and helping you to see what God's Word says. God wants you to be free to live a new life in a new way. Please contact me if you have any questions about this. RUgood@mail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment