Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Everyday Evangelism - The Gospel To All Nations

I was listening to a message this morning and reminded of the verse Acts 1:8, where Jesus says that we will receive power from on High, and how we would be witnesses to the uttermost parts of the earth. 
But you will receive power, after the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and you will be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
And in Matthew 24:24, it says "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
  We think of missions as going to a remote part of the earth to preach the Gospel or live as a missionary. That is commendable to do. But, there are some things we should realize also. There are people in America who have never heard the Gospel. There are people in America that have heard a false Gospel. I am concerned that we as the church believe that people in America have heard the Gospel over and over again. For the most part, that is not true. 
    There are many churches that just plainly don't teach the Gospel. If they are acquainted with the Gospel, they don't think it is important enough to tell it to their congregations. I know that as I was growing up, I went to several different churches, but failed to hear whatever the Gospel was in any of them. I am aware also, that there are churches that are doing the job right, so I don't want to make it sound like I am saying that all churches aren't preaching the Gospel message. Some are. Many aren't.
   But that is not the intention of what I want to write about here. I was thinking about the fact that the Gospel message will spread to the ends of the earth, and really has gone far already. There are many countries now that have the Gospel that didn't before. There are still many that haven't been reached yet, as well. 
   Do we have to go to a foreign country though, to preach the Gospel? I believe we have an open door to the nations right here in America! I have talked with people from all over the world in store parking lots and other places. In our church meeting today, we had a family from India! I love the diversity that is in our culture today. I have seen several people from Korea. I talked with a man from Egypt in a store parking lot one day. I've talked with several people from Jamaica as well. We now have friends from Romania, and met a couple where the man was from Yugoslavia and the wife was from Russia. 
   This should be a good incentive for us to get out and evangelize. It would be good if we could each learn a foreign language. I was reminded of this when a lady from Thailand popped into a prayer meeting we were having. She had some urgent needs and asked for prayer. As she was trying to explain things to us, I realized that there was some language barrier problems. If only I could speak Thai! But I couldn't. I am wondering if this lady really understood the Gospel as well. At first, it seemed like she was on the same page, but some things she was saying seemed to indicate that she might have been trying to please God with her works. 
   There is a verse in Revelation that talks about people from every tribe and tongue being in heaven worshiping God. I find that interesting because it seems like some places aren't hearing the Gospel yet. With technology, I think we can take advantage of the Internet as well in getting the Gospel out to many people in foreign places. If you are reading this, and you are in a country that is not in the USA, you can be thankful to God for the technology available in order to transmit this blog page to you. I'm sure the day will come when preaching the Gospel on the Internet will be banned, but it is not today, so we need to take advantage of using it to that end, at least while there is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment