Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Everyday Evangelism- Tuesday In Yoville

Yoville is a game that one can play from Facebook or Myspace. It is a cute game in which a person creates an avatar, gives it a name, receives an apartment, can earn coins in Yoville, can go shopping in Yoville, and do a host of other things. One advantage of being in Yoville is that a person is in a chat room like setting in which conversations with other avatars can take place. We have used Yoville to preach the Gospel to other characters in there. There have been a few that appreciate what we are doing, but some don't. Here is the latest short conversation I had with someone on Tuesday night. Read it and see what you think. Note that it interesting that this other avatar is calling herself a believer. Her name is Yoville is Musha. Here is our short conversation:
Musha: Susan, pls no fire and brimstone.
Susan: Well, not my choice. God is the one Who says so.
Musha: Susan, I am a believer as well, but Jesus wants us to season our speech so that all will taste and see the (this was the end of the sentence. Then she left).
Now I never used the words 'fire and brimstone' so I find this interesting. Somewhere during the conversation we talked about eternity, and probably used the word 'hell' and 'judgment' and 'eternal punishment' at various times. I hear people talk like this a lot. What concerns me is that people are calling themselves Christians, and then in the same breath almost, they say things like "Jesus said..." or things that imply that God is different from what His word tells us. I think we need to be praying for our churches, pastors, country, and our own lives, so that the light of the Gospel can shine through us. I am concerned that there are churches that are probably teaching lies about who Jesus is, probably subtly, but its there. We need to be studying the Scriptures so we can help people understand what the Bible really says. So the next time someone rebukes you for preaching the Gospel and says that Jesus doesn't want us to do that, what will you tell them? "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature". "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God unto salvation...." "Woe unto me if I preach not the Gospel"

No comments:

Post a Comment