Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Everyday Evangelism- Telephone Evangelism

Over the weekend, I didn't get to spend time talking to people one-on-one like I would have liked to have done, but, instead, my phone rang a lot, and I usually don't answer those phone calls, unless the number is familiar, but this time I did. The first phone call was from a woman who wanted my husband to do a survey. He wasn't available to come to the phone, so I asked her if anyone had ever shared the Gospel with her. She didn't speak English very well, and I don't think she understood my question. She tried to ask me something about it which I didn't understand. Oh well. She hung up on me : (
Well, right after that, the phone rang again. This time it was The Republican National Committee. I was sorry I picked up the phone because they don't take "no" for an answer, but I gave it a shot anyway. I explained that we weren't going to do that, but my husband is supporting individual candidates. I was surprised at the end of the conversation when I asked her if I could ask her a question, then I brought up the Gospel. She listened and didn't mind taking a few minutes to hear it. I tried to get as much in as I could in a short amount of time. She thanked me for the conversation, and seemed to really appreciate it to some degree. Well after I was done talking to her, not too much later, the phone rang again. This time is was a call supporting a particular candidate. At the end of the conversation, I asked the woman the same thing, and went into the Gospel with her, as well. She listened, and I was able to communicate the parts of the Gospel that were important. Well, I trust I did anyway. Well, yesterday, the phone rang, and my son picked it up and answered it. It was for me, and it was a person asking about the hike in our electric bill. It was actually a salesperson for a solar heating company. I would not have answered the phone, but since it was already in my hand, hey, why not preach the Gospel again! So I let this lady talk, and tried to be friendly. Again, I asked her if she would mind if I asked her a question. She was fine with that, and I was able to tell her the Gospel too! She listened, even though she should have been careful about the time she spent because the call was being monitored, she took the time to listen. I was amazed. I didn't look for these opportunities to talk to these people, but they came my way, and 3 of them listened and heard the words of life. Not everyone responds to phone call evangelism like these 3 did, and I am grateful for that opportunity to have ministered the Word of God to them. Now, to pray that God will work in their hearts, and that they will have other opportunities to hear the Gospel again! God is at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment