Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Monday, January 7, 2013

God Guides His Word Where He Wants It To Go

   A couple of years ago, an ironic situation took place in my neighborhood. I came up with the idea of attaching tracts to balloons and filling them up with helium and sending them off. My first attempts at this idea were to take little plastic parachute guys and attach tracts to them, then send them off attached to helium balloons. I took a bunch of tracts along with tape, scissors, helium, balloons, ribbon and a few other things while we were at a fall festival on our church property (Metro Life Church, Casselberry, FL-Metro Life Church) I learned that it takes a lot of balloons to hold up a Giant Money tract. I thought the balloons would be more powerful. We watched balloons taking away the tracts into the sky. We trusted the Lord to guide them, and that no one would get hurt from them as they landed. I don't remember if any parachute guys got sent out. I'm not sure it would be a good idea because if they came down on top of a car, it might cause harm.
  I had a lot of helium and balloons leftover from the event, so I planned on doing this activity some more. I was doing a garage sale at my house and decided to show my grandsons what it is like to see a bunch of balloons take a tract up and away in the air. We had 3 or 4 balloons attached to a Giant Money tract and sent the balloons off, only to watch them get caught in the neighbor's tree across the street from us. At first I was horrified. All I could think of was how angry they may have ended up because of the tract in their tree. It was obvious too, because I used a Giant Money tract, which is pretty big. The balloons were visible as well. It looked like a Money Tree for a while.
   That was a couple of years ago, and I don't see the tract anymore. I don't have any idea where it went or if the neighbors ever found it. We did find out that our neighbor passed away a couple of weeks ago. Maybe the tract fell into the yard and he found it. Maybe the tree trimmers found it when they were cutting branches from the trees.
  Only God knows where it went, and of course, the person who received it. God's word will not return void. It makes people angry. It softens hearts. God's word always causes reaction. God will send His word to places where He knows people will be ministered to.

No comments:

Post a Comment