Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Evangelizing the Homeless - January 12, 2013

  We went out as a group to minister to people downtown, as well as serve food and blankets to the homeless. It was one of the best times I have ever had doing evangelism work. I had no idea what to expect when I went down there. I wasn't even really sure where to park my car!
   When I got there, there was a small group of people gathering. Before long, there was a large group of people who were there to minister and it kept growing. More and more people were coming, and I didn't know who was there to be served or who was doing the serving!
   Tables were set up and moved to another location because there were many items to be given away. I found out that there is a ministry down there many times a week called, "Jesus Loves You, Love Him Back" which caters to people who are homeless. This is like a dream come true. I have always wanted to minister to people who are in hard places. Now the opportunity opened up.
   I felt awkward at first because I was trying to feel out the whole experience and see where I would fit in. There were many people serving at the tables. I was going to be mingling and talking with people, and sharing the Gospel with those who were open to hearing it. As the night went on, I went to a group of people sitting down and started talking with them. As with talking with groups of people, this group, within my voice range, had three people. One appeared apathetic or indifferent. Another continually tried to tell me that he knew where the 10 Commandments were, and that he knew what they were, etc. But the man in the middle was the most interested. He had questions and I let him talk about his life, or whatever he wanted to talk about. Then I would bring the Gospel into our conversation. He was very touched by the Gospel message. He wanted to come to church but has to wait until he can get money and find a bus route that will take him there. He was appreciative of my talking to him and said that I was like a walking Bible. It looks like God is preparing his heart to receive the Gospel. Please pray for him. His name is W.
   I had to go to the other end to get back to my back with tracts and Bibles in it. I wanted to give W. a NT, but when I went back to find him, he had left. I am grateful that God allowed me to talk to W. and I pray that he will repent and turn to Christ. The Bible says that if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things are passed away. 2 Corinthians 5:17   I pray for others to minister to W. as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment