Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Evangelism With Postcard Tracts

We were at the parade on Saturday, and were passing out the tracts designed by a man who writes tracts and orders them by the thousands to pass out at large events. The ones we used at the parade have a picture of Santa on them, and explains how we have sinned by breaking the 10 Commandments. The tract ties in with the Santa Claus message explaining how Santa has a list, but God has a serious list that we are measured against.
  As I was passing these tracts out, I noticed a reluctance of people wanting to take them. They probably have seen them before and knew what they were. When I pass out my Giant Money tracts, I always explain to people that there is a 'fun' quiz on it, and if they get stuck, the answers are on it as well. I tell them not to cheat, but if they can't figure it out, they can look for the answers to help them. So I thought that maybe if I start to explain that these tracts we are passing out are postcards, people will be more open to taking them, which they were. But I took it a step further. I told them that they could mail it to their friend in California. What was interesting, was that two different people asked me how I knew they had a friend in California. I thought that was interesting because I really didn't know if they had a friend or not who lived in California.
   Well, the parade was fun, and I have more 'postcards' to give to people during the Christmas season in many other places. I will tell them they can mail the postcards to their friend in California, or they can keep it for themselves. Either way, somebody will read it, and will learn that even if they are well behaved in Santa's sight, God knows their hearts, and they need to repent and come to Christ to be forgiven of their sins. So, Christmas is a wonderful time to share the Gospel with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment