Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Salvation Army Evangelism

  I love the Christmas season. It gives so many opportunities to tell the reason why Jesus came to earth. There are parades to give out tracts and talk to people. There is Christmas caroling. We can go to nursing homes or places where needy children live. We can bake for our neighbors, and get to know them, in order to provide the  opportunity for an open door for the Gospel message to be communicated. Plus, a lot of people are shopping and the parking lots have more people than usual. People are active during the Christmas season and are more readily available to talk to.
   One tradition I like is the Salvation Army bell ringers in front of some of the stores. These people are usually easy to talk to. I always carry a little change with me to put in the pot, and give the bell ringer a tract (Now I can give them a toy with Scripture on it, if they have children). I came across a lady today, who was a bell ringer. She was easy to talk to, and I gave her a tract (Sorry Publix. I know you don't want me to pass out tracts at this store, but I had to do what God wants me to do, not what your customer service tells me to do.) I do have to give Publix a lot of credit though. They cater to people with needs or who are disabled. They are good to their workers. They can't help the fact that a grouchy old lady came in angry because I offered her a tract. I'm sure, after all these years, they don't want to lose her as a customer. But beside all that, I love Publix and will put in a good word for them.
   This Salvation Army volunteer was a woman who had very little understanding of the Gospel. She was very nice to talk to, and I had given her a million dollar bill tract, which she appreciated. I was able to go through the whole Gospel with her, from Adam and Eve to the Cross. Either she had never heard that before, or she never connected the dots. I also gave her a 'How Good Are You?' tract. Please pray for her. I will call her G.
   I am looking forward to talking to more of these Salvation Army bell Ringers. A couple of years ago, I met a wonderful lady named 'Ann'. She told me her basic life story. She seemed to be a Christian who came from an Atheistic family. She explained her struggles in life. At the time I was talking to her, she was undergoing medical treatment and was unable to go to church. She was probably a Christian who was floundering. There is a field of wheat ready to be harvested. Let's pray for the Lord of the harvest to raise up laborers to work in the field.

2 comments:

  1. You are a real example to me, Susan. God bless you mightily <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Patte. Every one of us in the body of Christ is called to do what God has called for them to do. I appreciate all your efforts in saving those who are defenseless and can't speak for themselves. May God bless you in the area He has called you in and all those who are serving with you. May many follow your example and vision as you all work together and as we all work together to bring truth and light to those that are in darkness. May God break the chains of darkness that are holding people captive as the Gospel is brought to them.

    ReplyDelete