Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Everyday Evangelism-Saturday Morning Park Ave. 6-11-11

The weather was great today for being outdoors. As I got to Park Avenue, there were a lot of people there. I ended up giving every tract out that I took with me. I saw groups of young men and asked what was going on. They said there was a basketball tournament. Even though there were a lot of people who rejected the tracts, there were some that were open to hearing the Gospel. I know that is the way it is supposed to be anyway, at least it appears that way in the Scriptures. I was able to talk to two different young women and have a decent conversation with both of them about the Gospel. I know if I were to have stayed there longer, I would probably have ended up talking to more people. This is really a good place to go to promote the Gospel message. I would encourage people to come out with me on Saturday mornings. During the week I will prepare the tracts by labeling them with web sites and a phone number to the church I am part of, along with my email address.
   I do find it interesting that many times when I am able to talk about the Gospel with someone, they seem to be very familiar with the Gospel, but sometimes I am concerned that something is missing. I take the person back to the Law and help them to see their sin, then explain the Gospel to them. But their response is kind of like, "I already knew that. You're not telling me anything new." They can answer the questions and seem to understand why Jesus had to die for them, but if they were born again, it seems like something would resonate in their hearts. The first woman I talked to told me thank you for taking the time to talk to her. I have a concern that there are many people who may have a knowledge of God, but are lacking the relationship with Him. So I explained to the woman that people have that knowledge many times, but don't really know God personally. It seemed like the conversation I had with the second woman was very similar to the first one. She knew the answers, but I am not sure she was getting the Gospel. I told both women that my email address was on the back of the tract and if they had any questions to feel free to send me an email. Please pray for both of these women. I believe their names are Trey and the second was Anna. They were very nice to talk to and not defensive like so many people are. Please pray for them.
Then there are also people like a man who was sitting on the bench. I offered him a tract and told him what it was and he explained he didn't need it because he was a Christian. He already knew about God so he wouldn't take a tract. It is true that knowledge can make us stumble, and that is only because we fail to apply the knowledge to our own hearts. The Bible says to be 'doers of the word and not hearers only..', for when we don't apply the Word to our own hearts, we end up in deception. We have to remember that Satan knows the Bible better than we do, and the Truth is working against him. "let the Word of Christ richly dwell in you..." It is of utmost importance....

No comments:

Post a Comment