Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Everyday Evangelism-06/23/2011-The Carpeting Guys and the Movers

For the past three days, our house was in turmoil. We have some guys from a moving company move all of our furniture out on Wednesday, then on Thursday we had new carpet put in. The moving guys put the furniture back on Friday, at the same time the carpeting guys were finishing up with the carpeting. Nevertheless, our household was busy. Always wanting to take opportunities to present the Gospel, I started on Wednesday when the moving guys were working. I played the program I had prerecorded called, "The Way of the Master" which is also called, "Kirk Cameron" in the TV guides. It is a show that has the Gospel presentation on it, with quite a few actual dialogs with people doing one-on-one. We had to pay the guys for the work on Wednesday, so while I was writing out the check, the TV was on as loud as it could be, without trying to be obvious. I noticed one of the guys was watching it out of the corner of his eye.
   I decided on Thursday, I would make something delightful for the men to take home to eat when they all finished up on Friday. I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, with an assortment of chips in each cookie. When I finished, I realized the it wasn't quite enough cookies for each guy to have 4 of them to take home, so I made another batch Friday morning.
   The men came on Friday, all five of them! I only planned on four! Good thing I made that extra batch of cookies. I set up five paper plates with four cookies each. Underneath each plate was a Giant Money tract. I also pulled out some beach balls, frisbies, and maracas that have Gospel messages on them, and offered the men to take one for each child they had. So they all went home with their tract, cookies, and toys for their families. One of the men also wanted to take some cookies home to his kids, so I had enough to make another plate for them. I might also add here, that when the movers were finished on Wednesday, somehow a million dollar bill showed up, and the guy showed it to me. I let him keep it.
  One of the guys from the moving company told me that he seems to know me from somewhere. He asked if I were a teacher. We tried to decide where we may have had contact somewhere before. I have a feeling he might have been a person that I gave a tract to one time, or maybe shared the Gospel with him somewhere. I found that interesting. I have had a couple of people say that to me already. They seem to know me from somewhere else, but can't remember where. Anyway, my theory is that if we share the Gospel often with people, I think that will happen more and more to us in later encounters with people. I'm glad that God gave me the opportunity to give tracts out to the men and have a show on TV presenting the Gospel. I will trust the Lord for more opportunities like that, and also times to present the Gospel to people as He leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment