Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Monday, October 3, 2011

Everyday Evangelism - October 1, 2010 - Planet X

  I went to eat lunch with a friend on Saturday, and while I was waiting in the parking lot, I gave out some tracts. It can be an interesting adventure, as I really never know who I will run into. I didn't have any recording devices on me, and didn't plan to have any conversations at length as I didn't know when my friend would show up.
   I talked with a man who was parked on the other side of the parking place. Seemed like a real nice guy. He was on a mission. He just got through bypass surgery and says that it is a miracle that he is alive. His mom was praying for him, and also told him that he would have three signs that had to do with God. He said he was going to read the tract I gave him. Perhaps that was one of the three signs? I would love to have talked to him about the Gospel, but he said he was on a mission. He went on to explain that Planet X would be here pretty soon and we need to be ready. Planet X comes once every 3800 years, he continued. When it comes, it causes severe tidal waves and most of America is going to end up under water. Planet X came by when Noah was in the ark. This man has bought some property that is way above sea level in Colorado, and encourages others to do the same.
  Like I said , I wanted to get some words in about the Gospel. Don't get me wrong, he was really a kind man, just on a mission. He believes the most important thing that we can do is to get ready for Planet X coming.
   I did get to explain that we need to get ready spiritually, and he seemed to understand what I was getting at.
   We all should be on such a mission. Not to warn people about Planet X coming and creating gigantic tidal waves, but we need to warn people about the Judgment to come. The Bible is very clear that God will never destroy the earth with a flood again, as He did in Noah's time, but He will destroy it by fire. If we are not ready, when that day comes, we will be thrown in the Lake of Fire. God help us to take our mission seriously. May God give us compassion for lost people and the desire to make His name known.
  The prayer request here is that God will show Himself to this man, named Dominic. Dominic needs to be preparing himself for the day he will see God. He needs to be clothed with righteousness. He needs to be washed. All of us need to be ready for that day. We will either die in our sins, or, die with our sins completely erased. We need to hear the Gospel and respond. So do those around us. Let us love our neighbors as ourselves and preach the Gospel to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment