Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Everyday Evangelism- Tracts and People

Usually when I go out with the intention to share the Gospel, I run into situations that have to run their course. Sometimes, I will run into Jewish people. Other times, I try to talk to people who believe the Bible was written by man. These situations seems to run in groups. Last week, I got a couple of people who told me they already got a tract. It happened more than once. When I asked them, "Did you get one of these?" they tell me that they did. That used to happen occasionally. But it happened a couple of times last week. One time, I gave a man who was going into the store, a tract. Then I went to the store across the street. I gave a tract to a man sitting in the car in front of the store. He then told me that I just gave him one at the other store! But the other challenge I got last week was that of two different cashiers telling me that they weren't allowed to take the tract because it was considered soliciting. I have my definition on soliciting, but didn't bring it up. I am sure it is an excuse to not take the tract. I am tempted to lecture these people, but I would be doing it out of anger because they are (and I know they are) probably rejecting the tract because they know what it is. I will have to think more about this soliciting excuse. For one thing, solicitation has to do with asking the other person for something. Anyway, maybe it's time to start thinking of another tract to use as an ice-breaker. I would have to come up with something to say when I give them out. I know that time will come someday, maybe even soon, because at some point, I'm sure that most of the people in this area will already have received a tract. That is good because the person can either respond and want more information, or, they can just not want to take the tract because they know what it is. I can give the tract to someone else who will want to know the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment