Maraca with Bible Verse

Maraca with Bible Verse
1 Timothy 2:5

Good Reads From Amazon

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Everyday Evangelism- Fall Festival and Flying Tracts


We had our Family Fun Fall Festival today, and I was in charge of the evangelism tent. We had a lot of people that came to this event. I have a lot of things on the tables, and one of the items, the illusion poster with Einstein's picture on it, was there (although we had a hard time getting it to stay up). People would come by and look at it and start asking us questions on it. I also had the Lie Detector and that was neat. Kids were fascinated with it and would try to analyze it. Both of those items were great ice-breakers. What was really neat about today was that quite a few people signed up to help out, and many of them were able to share the Gospel with people that came to the table. One of my friends told me that this whole event was worth it, just for the time she got to talk to a Jewish lady named Barbara. She was able to share the Gospel with her. Barbara wasn't open to the Gospel yet, but she listened. One of the men was able to talk to a group of teens. He so enjoyed being able to share the Gospel with these kids. And they were open. I got to share with a couple of people too. Please pray for Barbara, and the others who heard the Gospel today, that they would have eyes to see who God is and their need for a Savior.
Another neat thing I did was to attach tracts to helium balloons and release them in the air. The tracts went way high in the air, then they disappeared and we have no idea where they landed (or when they came down). We prayed for them to land in the right places. Some of the tracts were attached to parachute men, which made it a little heavier. We did a couple of Giant Money tracts and it was funny to see them flying up in the air. One almost got tangled up in the telephone wire. They all went way up and then disappeared. I took some pictures, but only one you can really see the balloons in. Overall, this was a great evangelism event. I'm going to try to post my picture in this forum, but it might be too big. Feel free to look at the pictures I already have posted.
I think I am going to look further into helium balloons. Wouldn't that be cool if there was a helium balloon shaped like a blimp? Put a Giant Money tract under it and let it sail! Also thought about doing rocket balloons, but the rocket balloons didn't go up. It just kind of coiled like a snake. It would be hard to put a tract on that and have it go anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment